Mouse Fights Back!

Okay, so before I get to the one-liner of the day, I'd like to share something I stumbled upon after my wife and I got home today. Fortunately, I had my cell phone on me and am able to share it. I encountered a similar situation once before. Let me preface this by saying, we live out in very rural VA and field mice find their way into our old depression-era house. I once before stumbled upon a field mouse fighting back against Harper, our orange cat. Harper didn't know what to do when the mouse hid under her. I wished I had my camera at the time, but unfortunately didn't. This time, I stumbled on Harper and a field mouse, ready to do battle and had my handy cell phone handy (sorry about the quality, but you know how it is). I don't know what the mice around here have been eating, but it's great watching a cat and mouse fight where the mice are so aggressive, the cat doesn't know what to do. Toward the end, you'll notice a streak of gray climbing up my leg and leaping in front of the camera. It's the mouse finding the highest altitude and taking a flying leap off my knee. I had to slow it down to realize that I had gotten it on film.

So, here is what I discovered when I made it home.